IBCSG 23-01 NEJM Journal Watch - Summary and Comment
Omission of Axillary Dissection for Minimal Node-Positive Breast Cancer
William J. Gradishar, MD reviewing Galimberti V et al. Lancet Oncol 2018 Sep 5
We are glad to share the July 2018 version of the POSITIVE Progress! It contains information about the study awareness video and funding initiatives. It also has a message from North American Trial Chair, a note from Europa Donna Serbia together with insight on central trial coordination and data management, etc.
Vol1, Issue 2, August 2018
IBCSG Circular Letter
Volume 24 Issue 2
Race for Life - Fighting with Power against Cancer
For the third year, IBCSG took part in the Race for Life charity bike race and solidarity festival on September 9, 2018. Once more, the event was an excellent opportunity to raise awareness for cancer sufferers and to point out the importance of clinical research.
Please note that you can still contribute online, thank you very much for your support: https://fundraise.raceforlife.ch/projects/ibcsg-women-4-women-279
Schweizer Frauenlauf Bern:
On Sunday June 10, 2018, IBCSG women and their families and friends participate in the 5km walk at the Schweizer Frauenlauf held in Bern every year.
They walk together for young women with breast cancer to demonstrate to young patients who face a variety of unique medical and psychosocial issues because of their diagnosis and treatment, they are not alone. Infertility, premature menopause and sexual dysfunction following treatment are of deep concern for these young patients and may contribute to the greater distress observed in this population. They walk together to demonstrate that IBCSG is committed to the research Program for Young Patients with breast cancer (PYP). As a Charity Partner of Frauenlauf Bern IBCSG has a booth at the Waisenhausplatz in Berne.
TEXT & SOFT Press Release ASCO 2018
Ovarian Suppression Reduces Recurrence and Can Improve Survival in Young Breast Cancer Patients
SOFT TEXT PRESS RELEASE 2018 June.pdf
367. Galimberti V, Cole BF, Viale G, Veronesi P, Vicini E, Intra M, Mazzarol G, Massarut S, Zgajnar J, Taffurelli M, Littlejohn D, Knauer M, Tondini C, Di Leo A, Colleoni M, Regan MM, Coates AS, Gelber RD, Goldhirsch A. Axillary dissection versus no axillary dissection in patients with breast cancer and sentinel-node micrometastases (IBCSG 23-01): 10-year follow-up of a randomised, controlled phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30380-2. 2018 September 5. [Epub ahead of print] (23-01) (Journal Impact Factor 36.418).
366. Van Asten K, Slembrouck L, Olbrecht S, Jongen L, Bouckaert O, Wildiers H, Floris G, van Limbergen E, Weltens C, Smeets A, Paridaens R, Giobbie-Hurder A, Regan MM, Viale G, Thürlimann B, Vergote I, Christodoulou E, van Calster B, Neven P. Prognostic value of progresterone receptor by subtype in patients with estrogen receptor-positive, HER-2 negative breast cancer. Oncologist. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2018-0176. 2018 August 31. [Epub ahead of print] (BIG 1-98) (Journal Impact Factor 5.306).
365. Procter M, Robertson C. Performance of standard imputation methods for missing quality of life data as covariate in survival analysis based on simulations from the International Breast Cancer Study Group Trials VI and VII*. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation. doi: 10.1080/03610918.2018.1473587. 2018 August 12. [Epub ahead of print] (IBCSG VI, VII) (Journal Impact Factor 0.457).
364. Luen SJ, Asher R, Lee CK, Savas P, Kammler R, Dell'Orto P, Biasi OM, Demanse D, JeBailey L, Dolan S, Hackl W, Thürlimann B, Viale G, Colleoni M, Regan MM, Loi S. Association of somatic driver alterations with prognosis in postmenopausal, hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative early breast cancer: A secondary analysis of the BIG 1-98 randomized clinical trial. JAMA Oncol. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.1778. 2018 Jun 14. [Epub ahead of print] (BIG 1-98) (Journal Impact Factor 16.559).
363. Francis PA, Pagani O, Fleming GF, Walley BA, Colleoni M, Láng I, Gómez HL, Tondini C, Ciruelos E, Burstein HJ, Bonnefoi HR, Bellet M, Martino S, Geyer Jr. CE, Goetz MP, Stearns V, Pinotti G, Puglisi F, Spazzapan S, Climent MA, Pavesi L, Ruhstaller T, Davidson NE, Coleman R, Debled M, Buchholz S, Ingle JN, Winer EP, Maibach R, Rabaglio‑Poretti M, Ruepp B, Di Leo A, Coates AS, Gelber RD, Goldhirsch A, Regan MM, the SOFT and TEXT Investigators and the International Breast Cancer Study Group. Tailoring adjuvant endocrine therapy for premenopausal breast cancer. N Engl J Med. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1803164. 2018 June 4. [Epub ahead of print] (IBCSG 24-02, 25-02) (Journal Impact Factor 72.406).
362. Zeidan YH, Habib JG, Ameye L, Paesmans M, de Azambuja E, Gelber RD, Campbell I, Nordenskjöld B, Gutiérez J, Anderson M, Lluch A, Gnant M, Goldhirsch A, Di Leo A, Joseph DJ, Crown J, Piccart-Gebhart M, Francis PA. Postmastectomy radiation therapy in women with T1-T2 tumors and 1 to 3 positive lymph nodes: Analysis of the Breast International Group 02-98 Trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2018 Jun 1:101(2):316-324. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.01.105. Epub 2018 February 6. (IBCSG 20-98) (Journal Impact Factor 5.133).